6.2.11

Gluten Free Cornmeal Cake - Bolo de Fubá sem Glúten

Have you ever had a recipe notebook? Before starting my culinary adventure through the world of internet and blogs, I used to write my recipes on a notebook. When I was in college, a dear friend gave me one, handmade by his mother. I love it, especially the soft cover and the embroidered. Since that moment, I started to write all kinds of recipes there, as the traditional ones that are in my family for generations or yet a simple recipe invented by myself. Today, I would like to share with you a delightful recipe: cornmeal cake.

Actually, this recipe was part of the gift. He inaugurated the notebook writing it on the first page. I’ve never asked him why he chose cornmeal cake to be the first recipe, but this is probably one of the fluffiest cornmeal cake I’ve ever tasted. The original recipe uses all propose flour, but I opted to make it a gluten free cake using rice flour. The result was fantastic!








Cornmeal Cake

½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup rice flour or all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
Cinnamon and fine sugar to dust

Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
Mix together the rice flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
Heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until it is boiling. Keep it hot over very low heat.
Beat the egg whites in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat until glossy. Add the yolks one at a time. Then alternate the cornmeal, flour, and baking powder with the hot milk, stirring until combined.
Bake in the center of the oven until the cake is deep golden on the edges and a lighter golden in the center for 30- 40 minutes. It may seem wibbly but, if the cake is cooked, a cake tester should come out cleanish and, most significantly, the edges of the cake will have begun to shrink away from the sides of the pan. Remove from the pan and dust with cinnamon and sugar.


2 comments:

  1. Oi!!!!
    Que bolo lindo! Fora que bolo de fubá com café é um dos melhores lanchinhos da tarde! Como sempre as fotos estão ótimas. Bjos Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi Luisa! obrigada querida!
    beijos com carinho!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...